Terms & Conditions – Domestic
These terms and conditions are published to show you, the customer, that we aim to operate as fairly as possible and without surprises.
(1) Definitions: For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
“us/we” shall mean Gas-Tec Plumbing and heating.
“you” shall mean you, the customer (the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out works and/or supply or materials)
“our representative” shall be the person/persons we send to do the work.
(2) You will inform us prior to commencing works of any:
(i)hazards/potential hazards known or suspected in or around the place of work. Including but not limited to asbestos, pollution, toxic substances, and electrical risks.
(ii) building control notices, listed building status, preservation orders that could prevent the work being completed or breach such orders.
(3) Jobs on an hourly rate: The total charge to you will be the time taken by our representative to do the work at the rate quoted. It will include all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials. Work will be charged at the current Standard or Emergency rate with a minimum of 1 hour and thereafter per elapsed quarter hour. For example: if a job takes 1 hour 15 minutes to complete at the Standard Rate; the charge will be [£40] + [£40 x ¼] = £50.00. (figures for example only)
(i)Collecting materials: We try to minimise collection of materials by carrying everyday stock items. If we need to collect materials, we will always try to keep the time to a minimum. If the time is likely to be more than 45 minutes you will be informed before our representative leaves the job.
(4) Fixed Price work: Quotations will include labour and materials unless otherwise stated. The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Quotations may need to be revised if you change the scope of the work, if there is an increase in the price of materials, or if further works needs to be undertaken to complete the work. If it is impossible for us to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, we will give you a free quote for the work so that you can choose to use us or not. If you decline the quote there will be no additional charges payable by you.
(i)Acceptance of a quotation is binding, forming a contract and may be made either verbally or in writing (subject to 14 day cooling off period unless you waive this right in writing)
(5) Invoices: Unless by prior agreement, all invoices are payable immediately at the end of each job. Invoices unpaid (in total or in part) will carry interest at 4% over the company’s banker’s base rate while any payment remains outstanding. After 30 days legal action could be taken and charges added to the outstanding balance.
(6) Time Keeping: Appointments are either kept or we will call you to advise of any delays. While we will make every effort to attend each job at the time and date agreed with you per our standard terms and condition of sale, we cannot accept any liability for either arriving late or not at all or for the late delivery or failure to supply materials outside our control.
(7) You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on their behalf.
(8) If you instruct us to do works or buy materials and then cancel, we reserve the right to charge you for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us plus a cancellation fee of up to 25% of the original quotation. Charges will be those of our normal rates. Materials ordered which cannot be returned will be charged at cost plus 25%.
(9) Guarantee: We have a twelve-month guarantee period for our labour and all parts or equipment supplied by us, some parts carry longer manufacturer’s guarantee/warranty the duration of this is covered by the manufacturer even when supplied by us. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, in writing, within 12 months of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You agree that if you do not contact us within 12 months we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
(i) Power flushes. We guarantee our flushes against future blockages where system filters are fitted provided these are serviced and system inhibitor levels are checked and maintained. However, we do not cover leaks on the pipe work or system following a power flush nor do we replace radiators and other water carrying parts which fail during or after the works. We will at our discretion quote at a discounted rate for these repairs.
(10) Items not covered by guarantee:
(i) We are unable to guarantee our work, parts and equipment supplied to you if they are misused, treated negligently or if our work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than us. Where we carry out works for you using your materials we can take no responsibility for the quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise of these materials so we cannot accept responsibility for them.
(ii) We cannot guarantee work where you order us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice will be given to you either orally, or in writing. Our guarantee is also void if we indicate that further works need to be carried out.
(iii) We cannot guarantee (because of its nature) any work to unblock waste or drainage pipes. Nor can we guarantee further damage or defects caused by work that is not fully guaranteed or where recommended further work has not been carried out.
(iv) We cannot guarantee work on existing installations that are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can we guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of our work in these cases. We will only be liable for rectifying our own work and shall not be held responsible for any ensuing damage or claims resulting from work undertaken by any third party.
(v) if works are not completed and/or paid for in full any guarantee becomes void.
(11) We shall not be held liable for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
(12) We shall be entitled to recover the costs or damages from any person or contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship makes us liable to pay for those damages or rectification of work.
(13) We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work.
(14) We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to choose who will represent us.
(15) Title to Goods: Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. Whilst goods remain our property (we continue to have title over them) we have the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods. At any time and without notice we shall also be entitled to enter any premises in which our goods, or any part of them, are installed, stored or kept or it is reasonably believed to be so. We shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods. However, the risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
(16) These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us either verbally or in writing you agree to our terms and agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
(17) These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
Health & Safety Notice – Smoking in The Workplace
We respectfully ask customers to remember that their home is also our workplace. The new regulations relating to smoking in the workplace require us to respectfully ask customers not to smoke while our workers are on the premises.
Gas-Tec Plumbing and Heating.
25 Kirkby Road
Issued November 2015.